They may not think in terms of living as the masterpiece God created them to be or having a Life Palette, but all successful people have discovered these 5 things:
Discover and Decide
- Discover: The things currently on your Life Palette keeping you from being the masterpiece God created you to be. Decide: to get them out of your life. Be brutal with them.
- Discover: The right life choices to mix on your Life Palette that will allow God to paint the canvas of your life as the true masterpiece He designed you to be. Decide: To act on those choices immediately.
- Discover: The values necessary for a healthy foundation to build the rest of your Life Palette upon, so regardless of what life brings your way, you can continue to live as a masterpiece. Decide: You will be values driven from now on.
- Discover: The character, relational skills, creativity, consistency, priorities, and attitudes needed for God to dip His brush into and paint your life. Decide: You will live in integrity in all of these areas.
- Discover: The importance of keeping your Life Palette clean and fresh with the knowledge and abilities that will perpetuate a life lived as a masterpiece with an ever-increasing value. Decide: To make it a daily habit to keep a clean palette through prayer, forgiveness, and continual growth.
Your Part Of God’s Part
While you’re not the artist of your masterpiece, you have a role in becoming the masterpiece God created you to be. Your responsibility is to create the Life Palette for God, the master artist, to paint the canvas of your life every day with His beauty, love, and destiny. God is the artist who dips His brush into your thoughts, decisions, and actions. He is the one who creates the composition, mixes the colors on your palette, and places each brush stroke perfectly and intently. Your job is to make and protect the palette for God to work with.
Sadly, it’s easy to create a Life Palette that’s bad; one that will lead to your life being lived as a forgery rather than a masterpiece. It’s a lot like growing weeds; it doesn’t take talent or discipline, it only requires neglect. One of my earliest jobs as a kid was going out into the fields of my grandfather’s farm to remove the unwanted weeds invading the crops. My grandfather kept his fields clean because he understood weeds affected the end result of his harvest. I remember driving by neighboring farmers’ fields full of weeds and how grandpa always commented how the fields were a reflection of the farmer. Anyone can grow weeds, and anyone can create a bad Life Palette that’ll result in living far worse than the masterpiece life God designed for you.
Cleaning Up Your Life Palette
As an artist cleans his palette, he’s left with palette scrapings—the leftover mixed paint that becomes gray and is no longer usable where pure color is needed. You may feel there are similar colorless scrapings in your life, choices that have caused you pain and led you so far off track that you feel your future has no destiny.
Know there is hope! You can clean your Life Palette and start over. It is possible. God is the God of new opportunities. In Isaiah 43:19 He says this: “For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?” As long as you have a pulse, He has a destiny for your life—and that destiny will always include you becoming His masterpiece. It is never too late!
Pick 1 of the 5 bullets from the blog and begin by focusing on that step today. If you would like more information regarding any of the bullet points you can search through my Life Palette blog, I have written on most of those five topics extensively.