- First, last weekend we had 4 people make decisions to follow Jesus. As we continue to partner together to Lead people who are far from God to be followers of Jesus, you are making a real difference in people’s eternity!!! Everyone who serves and gives at Alive Church are rock stars! There are several opportunities to be on the team, why not get going this summer? Connect with your Campus Pastor to be a part of the Alive Team and start changing lives. You can find their emails by going to www.alivechurch.com and clicking on the campus that you attend.
- Someone did it! They guessed what the four movies we are using for “At The Movie 2011” have in common. Congrats to Verla, although I think she had an advantage – she is a lawyer! The thing the four movies have in common is that they all have a sequel coming out this summer. Verla, I guess Kathy and I will be taking you and your husband out to dinner at Red Lobster!!!
- Now that Verla has let the cat out of the bag, it gives everyone a few more tips for guessing the movies over the next two weekends. I will tell you this much, this weekend is based on a PG13 movie and the last one is based on a PG animated movie. This weekend involves one of my favorite cars and next weekend a very tasty food! Any guesses?
- Free Movie Ticket: This weekend at Alive Church you have another chance to give your friends, family, loved one, neighbors and co-workers a free movie ticket as well as receiving one yourself. Yes – it went so well the first weekend of At The Movies 2011 that we are going to offer free movies tickets one more weekend at Alive Church Oro Valley, Alive Church Twin Peaks and Alive Church Online. All First time guest this weekend and the person who invited them. (By the way, we have special invitations this week, if you missed the weekend you can stop by one of the campuses and pick them up; a bag of microwaveable popcorn with an invitation label printed on it.)
- The last thing is my attitude. This time of year in the desert you find out what you are made of. After several days of 110 % and the humidity on the rise because the monsoon rains are close; I can see the clouds but not happening at my house yet. This is the time of year that God always does a little attitude check on me. Maybe you have heard the phrase “you need a check up from the neck up”. That’s me after a few weeks of this searing heat!!! So, since I’m dealing with my attitude I thought I would give you a few verses that are speaking to me right now:.
Phil 2:5; “You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.”
Romans 14:17-19 “ For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 If you serve Christ with this attitude, you will please God, and others will approve of you, too. 19 So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up.
1 Peter 4:1-3″You must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin. 2 You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.
That’s it for now – see you this weekend for At The Movies 2011 – part 3. Free popcorn and a biblical message hidden in one of Hollywood’s blockbusters.